Thursday, January 12, 2006

I choose to be a cheerful person !

Attended mid-week service just now. Wonderful message. Pastor shared something that caught my attention. It’s something about being angry with others.

Actually being angry with others takes up a lot of energy cos we use our brain cells to think and think about the person and the matter. The devil is very smart lor.. he will suddenly bring up to your remembrance all those other negative feelings or experiences you felt or had before with this same person, he makes you feel doubly angry or even “triply” (if there’s such a word) upset.

You don’t watch it, bitterness will grow in your heart against that person. Then you start ignoring or avoiding that person (esp. if you are the non-confrontational types) cos you think to yourself … why make yourself “suffer” by still putting yourself in that potential situation when you might be angry or upset again ?

Bible says, a merry (cheerful) heart is good medicine, but a broken (crushed, bitter) spirit dries up the bones (Prov 17:22). When you are angry, you will be in a bad temper and no one likes to go near someone like that ! As a result, you lose your peace and joy, you lose your friends, you lose your smiles (which you show so often previously), you become a “not-so easy” to get along person, everything around you gets on your nerves, you become easily irritated etc. In short, you lose more than you gain.

Worst of all.. being angry causes you to age faster. Medical science had proven that being constantly in an “angry mode” causes one to develop wrinkles faster, hair to grow whiter earlier etc. That’s not nice… after all our bodies aren’t designed to contain all those “anger”.

Hmm… thinking back, I was angry with someone this week too. But I’m going to commit that to Daddy God, telling Him the issue, how I felt, how I think that someone should feel (even though I know I cannot “influence” her in that sense). I choose to believe that Daddy God is handling this issue and all will be well. I will do my part, ie to keep myself in the tender mercies and lovingkindess of Daddy God, allowing His supernatural favor to embrace me everyday.

Thank you Daddy God for your timely reminder. I choose to be a cheerful person today !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home