Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Boss condition update

Everyone in office was shocked to learn what happened to my boss. I informed HR, my boss's boss who is based in Beijing, all my boss's working contacts as work now needs to be re-assigned.

Later, we found out what had actually happened ...

10Aug08 (Sun night) - After working out for 30 mins at the cross-trainer machine at home, my boss went to wash her shoes. Suddenly she felt something amiss with her head (a feeling between giddiness and pain), but couldn't put her finger to it. Anyhow, she got up, and walked towards the living room sofa for a rest. On the way, she called to her husband to turn off the tap at the toilet (she remembered she forgot to turn off the tap as she was washing her shoes earlier). When the husband came out of the room, she had already collapsed in the living room. He quickly called for an ambulance, and also called my boss's brother to inform him what happened. Both of them accompanied my boss to the hospital (TTSH).

They were shocked to hear that a blood vessel in my boss's brain had ruptured, her whole brain is filled with blood and condition is very very critical. They were even asked to contact all their family members immediately as my boss may just pass on like that.

11Aug08 (Mon morning) - After assessing my boss's condition, the doctors decided to perform an operation to insert a coil clapture (platinum wires) to mend the ruptured blood vessel). Doctors are also on standby in case if the above method is unsuccessful to immediately perform a open head surgery. Thank God the 1st method worked and the bleeding stopped. My boss regained consciousness also. Praise God.

14Aug08 (Thurs lunch) - A whole group of us from the office visited her. Prior to the visit, we also arranged to send her food and fruits hampers, on company behalf and on our own. She looks great and can move and talk perfectly well except for the throbbing pain on her head (due to the operation). Really thank God to see her so well. We even took some pictures with her in the hospital room.

Doctors say the next 10 days after the operation are very crucial as it will determine if she had suffered any side effects from this blood vessel rupture. So, besides the daily intake of painkillers and all, she also needs to go for ultrascans, MRIs etc to ensure that no other blood vessels are having any risks of collapsing or rupturing as this would then mean another stroke and would be very very dangerous.

Thank God that all went well. Despite the pain my boss had been complaining, which the doctors say is perfectly normal, the scans and all check-ups turn out to be good. Praise God indeed.

20Aug08 (Wed) - Boss discharged from hospital. Praise God ! Received a sms from her around 4pm in the afternoon to inform that she is finally back home. Home sweet home. Am she glad to be home finally.

Told boss not to worry about work. Although in her absence from work, this means that i have to cover her scope of work, but i have decided that i shall managed this additional workload by Daddy God's grace and wisdom, one step at a time, slowly. So far its been good. I have great help from my colleagues whenever i need any help in preparing the worksheets, schedules, tables etc. Phew... Nonetheless i must say that i am learning quite a bit now, which on hindsight its good for my career advancement too.

I'm glad that my boss is recovering well. Thank you Daddy God for answering my prayers.

I really pray that she will be able to come back to work soon. BUT not before she is fully well and rested from this whole event. It's definitely not worth risking her life to come back to work at the expense of her health, agree ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home