Thursday, September 01, 2005

Praise God ! I am a new creation in Christ !

Last week’s mid-week service was so awesome. It touched my heart so much that tears were welling up almost constantly throughout the whole service. Was secretly glad that I was sitting among strangers… haha… Truly not exaggerating, it was as if Daddy God was speaking directly to me through Pastor’s preaching.

Pastor started talking about God’s favor on us all. His favor which is also His grace is all over us. Favor is unearned and unmerited. The only way to “disqualify” us from Daddy God’s favor is to earn, to merit, to work in order to deserve it.

In this world where we grow up in, we were taught to work hard to achieve that result we wanted, to get those medals or awards etc. So when we get that desired results, medal or award, we feel that we deserved it, cos we had worked hard for it. And if we want to continue to
maintain that result or standard, we will have to continue to work hard, watch our backs to see if anyone’s “catching up” etc. All these causes us to be stressed up. But in the world of Daddy God, it does not work this way. His favor for us is free, we need not work hard for it. We are of the world, but not of the world.

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

So what are we ? We are new creations in Christ !

2 Corinthians 5:17-18
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation

What are the “old things” that have passed away then ?

Rev 21:2-7
2 Then I, John,saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,“ Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

So the “old things” that had passed away are death, sorrow, crying and pain (see verse 4)

Fine, so the verse in 2 Corinthians continues as saying, “I have made all things new”.

What are the “new things” then ?

Old things = Death, Sorrow, Crying & Pain
New things = Life, Joy, Laughter & Pleasure

Pastor also shared about Psalm 107:1-3.

Psalm 107:1-3
1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.

2 Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,
3 And gathered out of the lands, From the east and from the west, From the north and from the south.

Daddy God, thank you that I am a new creation, old things have passed away, old things such as death, sorrow, crying and pain are all gone and I receive the new things that have come, life, joy, laughter and pleasure. Thank you Daddy God that your favor is all over me and my family, it covers us all like a shield, protecting us from all harm. You are the captain of my life and you will guide and lead me in the ways of Your righteousness. Thank you Daddy God that I am redeemed by your precious blood. I am redeemed from the penalties of my sins cos You lovingly, graciously and willingly took all my punishments upon yourself on my behalf. I could never thank you enough Daddy God. Still…. Thank you Daddy God. In Jesus most precious name I pray, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home