Thursday, November 24, 2005

How to get the doctor to attend to you first in a crowded clinic

Easy, just pretend to faint.

Okie, jokes aside. Was down for 2 days with high fever (suddenly). I was well in the day, went for my lunch workout at the gym, ate normal, nothing amiss or out of the ordinary. Then the fever came late in the night. Saw my family doctor the next morning. According to my dad (thank God he went with me to the clinic), when it was my turn to see the doctor, I managed to knock on the doctor’s door, turned the knob and even walked in before I fainted (I have no recollection of doing all that !) in front of the doctor. Quickly, the doctor and his nurses helped me to the bed where the doctor quickly measured my blood pressure, and took my blood sugar count, both too low for comfort. I woke up soon after and was given a cup of glucose drink by the nurses. It all started with a stupid fever which as I expected was high, at 38.7 deg (normal body temperature is 36.9 deg). 2 days medical leave.

Went home after the whole “drama” at the clinic, took medicine and slept almost the whole day. Up till evening time, my temperature remains at 38.1 deg. , still too high. Praise God my temperature dipped back to normal (37.1 deg) the next day. Felt sooo much better.

While its terrible & miserable to be sick, I also want to thank God for so many good friends around me. They encouraged me via sms and that kept my spirits up. Praise God.

Well, back to work today. Ganbatte !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home