Thursday, November 17, 2005

Jesus can, you can also !

Praise the Lord, I finally passed my driving test yesterday morning (16 Nov 05, test time : 9.15am). Actually to say I wasn’t nervous would be bluff, I was indeed nervous. For the past few nights before the test, I was worried about the challenges I will be facing inside the driving circuit, namely the crank course, s-curve, slope, vertical parking, parallel parking, directional change and emergency brake. My past circuit practices had not been good, mistakes here and there. I was disappointed, but I came all the way, practiced so hard just for the test right ? I told myself that I cannot give up now !

Really praise God, everything went smoothly during the test. I kept on praying in tongues and giving thanks to God silently. That really calmed me down a lot (at least my heart wasn’t thumping so loudly that I thought even the tester sitting beside me inside the car could hear).

1st challenge – Emergency brake (Less than 100 metres after I drove out from my parking lot towards the circuit, the tester slapped his hand on the front dashboard and I stepped hard on my foot brake. Everything from the back seat of the car was thrown on the floor and frankly speaking, I was shocked at the impact too. Tester then motioned for me to move on… phew…)

2nd challenge – Parallel Parking (missed my 1st try, need to try again, thank God I didn’t panic. Didn’t hit kerb nor knock down the poles.. praise God, move on to next challenge)

3rd challenge – S curve. (Slowly, slowly. In the last test I mounted kerb and had an immediate failure. Praise God, went through smoothly).

4th challenge – Vertical Parking (Shucks ! My car was not straight when I went into the parking lot, panic, turn steering wheel left and right to make it straight, finally went in nicely… Praise God, must be angels & definitely His wisdom manz…)

5th challenge – Directional Change (When my car went it, I stepped on the brakes, but forgot to step on the clutch, car “died”. Heart skipped a beat cos I was afraid the tester might assume I hit the kerb in front, cos if I do, that would be an immediate failure. I said sorry and explained that I forgot to step on the clutch, restart the car’s engine, and did my directional change. No reaction from tester, as usual… but still I praise God when I completed this challenge).

6th challenge – Crank course (Drove in cautiously, made sure I kept more to the left side when turning right and vice versa. Praise God, went through smoothly).

After this, the tester told me to go out to my test route (No. 1). Actually I was happy to go out of the circuit cos I feel more comfortable outside on the roads, everything, even the roads seems wider.

Thank God for that greyish colored car that slowed down and gave way to me when I was changing lanes. I had to go up a slope later on and thank God that when I stopped at the white stop line which is on top of the slope, it was flat ground, so I need not pull my handbrake and do the “balancing of clutch and accelerator act” and the car didn’t slide back when moving off.

Thank God that during the last challenge, which is an U-turn (before turning back to the driving centre), although my gear box was stucked and I couldn’t change to gear 2 after moving off, I managed to keep calm. I put my gear to neutral, released clutch, then step on clutch again to engage in gear 2 successfully & quickly. Thank God that there wasn’t any on-coming traffic behind me. And I thank God that I experienced a similar incident during my practices with my instructor earlier so I knew what I had to do. Praise Him really. That has to be God…. His plan….

Thank God for smooth traffic lights at all the junctions in the route that I drove down yesterday morning. Most of all, i thank God for good weather cos this morning at 5plus, it rained very very heavily. I woke up and immediately I gave thanks cos if it rained yesterday, my vision when driving will be very much hampered by the rain.

Thank you Jesus for making all things happen the way they did and for giving me supernatural favour with the other drivers on the road and especially with my tester. I also want to thank you Jesus for giving me such a good instructor, who despite the many mistakes I made during the practice sessions I had with him, he didn’t scold me at all but encouraged me that I’ve been doing well and should be able to pass each time I take my test. Ok, I’ve disappointed him twice, but this time I made it finally. I’m sure he is glad for me too.

All in all, I call it a miracle and definitely His grace, mercy and favour that I cleared my driving. All glory unto Him.

2 Comments:

At 3:14 AM , Blogger alwaysane said...

*Whistles* You made it girl! Praise God! He indeed made it happen!

 
At 12:22 AM , Blogger coco said...

Geee happy for you! One more future driver in video :p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home