Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Olive Ristorante @ Labrador Park

The Olive Ristorante @ Labrador Park
Labrador Villa Road, Carpark A
Opening hours 12 noon – 11 pm
Tel – Ristorante 64792989
Fax – Ristorante 64798890
Tel – Office 63396833

If you like lush, huge, prosperous green trees, tall grass & bushes, sound of crickets, cool breezes, al fresco kind of restaurant, here’s one good place I recommend. I was there for lunch with my colleagues this week, and already I am attracted to the peace and quietness of this place. I can just imagine this same place at night.. warm cosy lights, excellent service and good food.

This restaurant serves excellent Italian food. I chose the “Chef choice – Rice pasta with ham, bacon and garlic served in olive oil”. The pasta (looked like macaroni, only much slimmer and longer, hee hee) was cooked till al dente and the garlic and olive oil was great! I enjoyed it.

Oh, before that, we had 2 appetizers too. One was Parma Ham, it is smoked ham (a little salty) wrapped around a slice of rock-melon. The combination of both saltish and sweet is something new to me. Delicious ! The next appetizer is escargots (aka snails). It was my first time eating them and they tasted like mushrooms to me, I decided I like them.. haha. Expensive taste ! My colleagues laughed! Well....

Besides this restaurant and all the greeneries, there is also a “secret tunnel” that you can opt to visit, guided tour, S$8 per pax (have to check out the specified times for them).

After our sumptous lunch, we decided to take a short walk. I was told that we could walk to the sea-side. However, as most of my colleagues did not want to walk too deep in, we found a location (Meeting Point 1) which overlooks the whole sea-side. It was so beautiful… been a long time since I went to the beach or even near the sea. If not for the haze and the company I was with, I would have skipped down the stairs leading to the sea-side… haha… next time.

Oh yes, the "damage". This restaurant offers set lunch of S$19.90+++ for weekdays only. Set lunch includes a starter (choice between soup of the day / salad), main course (choose between various kinds of pastas or pizzas) , dessert (we had strawberry ice-cream) and coffee/tea.

For those interested parties, you can either cycle, drive or take a bus. SBS Bus:Parks 408, serves to bring you from Harbourfront Bus Interchange to this park. Time is from 11am to 6pm.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM , Blogger alwaysane said...

i want to go there... told zheshen about it :P

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Kabe said...

yeah.. i told a few other friends too and they are keen to go there too.. i hope they will bring me also. hahahhaa..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home