Thursday, January 13, 2005

Thank You Jesus !

Luke 21:34 (NIV) - Be careful or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunken-ness, and the anxieties of life and that day will close on you unexpectantly like a trap.

Was disappointed yesterday after my 1 hour driving lesson. Couldn't get to sleep properly too. Flashes of those driving scenes kept coming and I felt as if a huge torchlight was shining on me.. interrogating me, showing me all those scenes, repeating again and again. I was reprimanding myself, why didn't i do this, i should have done this, i should have done that, i must be one of the instructor's worst or super slow-learner students, and what happens if after many many lessons, i am still bad at my coordination.. then how ? how ? I felt useless and hopeless.. i have indeed tried my very best, but apparently my very best was insufficient. I cried.

Then as i was typing my fishy blog this afternoon, i saw the above verse.

*Paused* - *Rationalise* - *Think logically*

1) Perhaps i was too hard on myself, after all, that was only my 2nd driving lesson.
2) Now that i know where i am not good at, i will need to work on those points in my next lesson.
3) I'm sure as i practise more and more, get the hang of it, i will drive better.
4) I'm definitely not the worse, at least i managed to drive for one whole hour, change my gears sucessfully (most of the time), pass thru' those big traffic junctions, stop gently (before i knocked unto other cars), make turns and go over humps (which i like the feeling a lot, u'know, the up and down).
4) I should not have allowed myself to be brought down by all the above unnecessary worries that even caused me a sleepless night ... dumbo me.
5) Jesus loves me even though i am a bad driver (for now !)
6) Jesus does not reject me ! In fact i believe He loves me even more !

I know, no condemnation right ? Still.. allow me to scold myself a bit bit for being such a dumbo can ?

Daddy, thank you for forgiving my disobedience... teach me daddy, teach me to guard my heart carefully... that i will also learn to forgive myself... that i will not be so hard on myself. Teach me to drive too, where/which/when to step on what.

John 14:27 (NIV) - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 14:1 (NIV) - ... Trust in God, trust also in me.

U know my dream.. what i want to do later on, daddy u know. Thank you daddy.

*muack muack*

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Blogger Kabe said...

hmm... yar i know. I will not "dumbo" myself any longer.. whatever it is, driving or whatever, i will commit it to daddy, and let Him handle. For my part, i will just rest in daddy's arms and let Him carry me. Much thanks for the reminder sister !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home