Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Don't take your family & loved ones for granted

Recently a relative passed away. Not really close to that family. We meet once a year during Chinese New Year or some other special occasions such as wedding dinners only. Went for the wake, it was a Taoist ceremony. There was a lot of “dong-dong-cheng”, chanting going on.

As I sat there observing and taking in all these happenings, I was reminded not to take my family and loved ones for granted. Yup, I lose my temper with them or show my black face when things aren’t happening the way I would like them to be. However, ultimately, deep inside my heart, I do love them still. And I do appreciate all that they have done for me. I really do. Perhaps, I am just not too good at expressing myself in this area.

How about you my friends ? Are you the same as me ? Hopefully not.

We are not perfect. None of us are. Only Daddy God is. And He said in His words, that we are to honor our fathers and mothers so our days will be long on this earth. (Exodus 20:12, Deuteronomy 5:16). Thank you for your reminder, Daddy. I will learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home