Monday, November 06, 2006

Friendly bus drivers

Yesterday on my way home from church in a crowded bus, I saw something. Nope, not cockroaches, there used to be sometimes a colony of them residing in our buses but I have not seen them for a long while… probably they are afraid of air-con ? hee hee..

Anyway, back to what I saw.

At the back row of the bus sat a Malay family with 2 young kids, probably between 2-4 years old each. They were standing on the seats with their faces looking out of the back plastic panel of the bus at the sights as the bus moves along. Red traffic lights. Our bus stopped. I turned around and to see both of them waving and giggling. Who were they waving to? I bent down to peep and I realized that it was the bus driver behind our bus. The bus driver was so cute, he waved back at them and gave them a big smile. This continued for a while as the bus behind was traveling on the same route as the bus I was on.

It had been a while since I saw such friendly bus drivers. Most of them look rather grumpy, some even scold the passengers. So this was indeed a pleasant sight. I give thanks for more friendly bus drivers !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home