Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Are you a risk taker ?

Interesting question yar ? So are you a risk taker ? Usually this question is posed by insurance or banks investment officers when they try to sell you some policies plans. But did you ever consider if God is a risk taker ? My friend, Coco, pop this question into me recently during our msn chat.

Both of us agree that God is a risk taker. Why ? Well, He took a risk when He decided to invest in us, didn’t He ? He made an investment in us, in our lives. I cannot understand why He did what He did (of coz I do not understand, I am not God mah ? hee hee) . But sometimes I do feel that some of those investments God made are not generating profits for Him at all (at least not for now), which is unfair for God isn’t it ? Sometimes I even feel that of those investments He made should actually be withdrawn (God, forgive me). Afterall, God made a HUGE INVESTMENT when He sent His only beloved Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for us so many years back.

Know what ? I think WE are God’s greatest and most precious profits ! When we depend on Him, we are His profits, when we see Him as who He really is, we are His profits, when we accept His righteousness and forgiveness into our lives, we are His profits… Funny isn’t it ? I mean the way God “calculates” His profits are certainly different from how we count our profits in this world we live in. His ways are not our ways but we know His plans are always to prosper us, never to harm us.

God has more reserves in His bank than we know or can even imagine ! He overwhelms us with His awesome, magnificent love and goodness that we CANNOT BUT generate profits for Him. Praise You daddy.

So are you a risk taker ? Are you willing to take a risk in believing again in the people around you even though they may have failed you, even when you feel they have not meet up to your expectations ? Are you ? Or have you already given up on them ?

Jesus took a risk on Peter, even though He knew that Peter would deny Him 3 times before the cock crows in the morning. Jesus still looked at Peter in the eyes and with His eyes, I believed He “told” Peter, “Peter, I forgive you”. Isn’t that beautiful ? How many times have Jesus looked at us and said, “I forgive you, my dear” ? Think about it.

As Jesus forgives us, so we forgive others… It’s because Jesus first gave us, that’s why we have something to offer to others. It’s all because of Him.

For you Jesus, I will be a risk taker, just like You took a risk in me.

3 Comments:

At 8:02 PM , Blogger j A r B e B e said...

Interesting... I just wrote something similar... You can find out my answer yourself! ;p

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Kabe said...

Hmm.. thanks for the comment sheepy sheep posted. Thought perhaps i should clarify. I agree with what you said above. The point i wanted to bring across is more from towards man's point of view. I mean God of coz won't see us as "risk" (as what u clearly defined), but that we see ourselves as "risk" to God. We do not know what is ahead of us (altho' we know that God goes ahead before us to prepare the way). Perhaps in a little corner of our heart somewhere, we still think of ourselves as "risk" to Him lor... that's what i feel, as simple as that. You are right, we shouldn't be feeling that way. Anyhow, I pray that all of us will generate "many returns" for God in our days ahead !

 
At 12:56 PM , Blogger coco said...

Well said Kasumi, and I understand what Sheep 23 means too. We're just looking at it from man's perspective when we use the word "risk-taker." You see, God is consistent, He is ever faithful, He says all His promises are yes and Amen. And yet sometimes we don't have enough faith to take Him at His word. In the natural it seems to take some "risk" to trust Him, if you know what I mean. On the other hand, mankind, who is not always consistent, who has mood swings, who sometimes can take back the words they say - God knows it all, yet He took a "risk", so to speak, to believe in the best of mankind & to give of Himself first, for the world. We as children of God have a great heavenly Daddy who choose to invest in us despite what we are in the natural. Isn't it awesome. The thought of it is flattering to me already. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home