Monday, August 01, 2005

Good & Sad news

“Quick, congratulate me !” That was the statement of today for me.

Why ? Cos I joined my present company exactly 5 years ago. Wow, time really flies yar ? Nope, not lamenting of the past. But definitely looking forward to better times ahead !

Hmm.. however, early this morning, I heard some bad news from a colleague. It is not officially announced yet but seems quite confirmed.

Some of my finance colleagues might be retrenched end of this month or maybe next month. This decision came after the discussion last Friday among the heads of departments. It is never a good feeling to see anyone leave, especially when we had gotten close to one another over the many years together. I believe the older colleagues will be glad to move on as they will be paid very well in terms of retrenchments benefits. Over here in my company, for every 1 year of service, you get 1 month of retrenchment salary (cap is 25 months), so if you work 15 years, you will receive 15 months worth of retrenchment salary based on your current salary package. That could really come up with a hefty sum and would definitely be able to sustain them for a while till they find themselves another job.

Not sure if our department will be affected as we have not received any news (even through the “unofficial way”). Nonetheless, whatever happens, I know I am secured in my Daddy’s hands and all things will end up well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home