Saturday, September 17, 2005

"LOST" - My Daddy God

While on my way home on the bus yesterday after Bible Study, I saw a TV program on TV Mobile. I think it’s the show called, “LOST”. Do you watch ? I don’t.

Anyways, there was one scene that caught my attention last night. It goes something like this :-

Man A & B having a discussion about their relationships with their family members
Man A : I could have just called my son on the phone and told him that I love him still…
Man B : Then why didn’t you do it ?
Man A : Cos I was weak….
Silence reigns as the 2 men look at each other for a second or two and then stare into space, deep in their own thoughts.

At this point of time, this sentence sounded in my heart, “It is when we are weak, then God can be strong”. When we acknowledge that we are weak, when we are nothing if not for Him and Him alone, then we become strong, not because of what we do or have done or even are going to do, but because Daddy God loves us and allows us to be His instruments to show forth His works.

He works through us and then He calls us faithful, when actually the strength or the ability to perform well comes from Him. Isn’t He marvellous ? Who in the world will give you the wisdom, strength and power to perform a task and yet give you all the reward that is actually NOT due to you ? Now, that’s my (and He can be yours too!) Daddy God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home