Monday, February 07, 2005

Father & son

I was at the bus stop waiting for my bus last Saturday and I saw a very young kid (probably 2 or 3 years old) with his father also waiting for their bus. Nothing spectacular about that father and son picture right ?

But what caught my attention was this : the kid tugged lightly his father’s shorts, his dather looked down at his son, smiled and then squat down to his son’s eye level and then lifted the son unto his lap and started talking softly to the son. The son leaned back, relaxed and laid his head upon the father’s shoulders and smiled a little.

This may sound really ordinary to most people, like we see such happenings all the time. Nonetheless, this presents itself to me a very simple example of God’s showering His love for us. He opened my eyes to see His love for me was just that simple trust I need to have upon Him. All I have to do is just to tug lightly at my daddy in heaven or even just cry out, a groan, a small little whisper or prayer to Him and He will come immediately to my rescue, with a huge smile, tenderly carry me in His arms and I can then relax, lean back on His bosom and His shoulders for support. Oh… so beautiful, isn’t it ?

Luke 11:11-13 – “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead ? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion ? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts o your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him !” (also see Matthew 7:9-11)

Coincidentally, when I reach the train station, while waiting for the train to come, I saw another father and son picture… This time, the son called the father, “Ba-ba, ba-ba..” many times and yet the father ignored the son and kept on talking to the mother (wife). I was really saddened when I saw that coz I feel the father should like at least turn to see why the son was calling for him. Aren’t he a wee bit concerned at all ? Maybe I am just too sensitive.

Thankfully our daddy in heaven is not like some of our earthly fathers, He comes to our aid sometimes even before we ourselves know we need help. He goes before us, lay the path and guide us gently. Let’s pray for our “lightning fast” minds that we will be sensitive enough to understand His tender heart for us.

Thank you daddy.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Blogger Kabe said...

Praise God sister ! Let's all keep the fire for Jesus burning inside us and not let it slowly "die" off ! Praise You Jesus !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home