Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A fine dinner..

Call me a “sua-ku” if you want… but I had a very good dinner yesterday. Actually it was kind of last minute as I was only informed about the dinner just before I went for my lunch. It was a dinner given by my Malaysia factory (we are their customer) and we went to this Chinese restaurant called “Hua Ting” at Orchard Hotel.

Heard of this restaurant ? Nope ? Neither did I...the food was delicately and meticulously done…tender and delicious…yummy…Okie, okie.. before everyone’s mouth start watering… hee hee… I shall stop.

The interior of the restaurant is more towards the zen look, simple and elegant. Ambience was good too… there is some soft soothing music playing in the background. Perhaps because it is such a high class restaurant, the patrons were also pretty quiet (well, everyone spoke gently). The service level is good too… however, when I had my 2nd dish, the spoon that was served together was not washed well, there was a thin slice of sping onion skin still stucked on it. Arrgghhh….. then when I had my 3rd dish, I noticed that the tip of the knife given to me had some stain on it ! Aiyo… why me leh ? Hahahaa….

Nonetheless, despite the above 2 little points, the restaurant still scored well in my books.. hahaha… hmm.. can consider this restaurant for my parents’ anniversary dinner this year. A special treat for them.

Oh of coz, being a business dinner, I had the opportunity to meet up (1st time) with our Malaysia counterparts. We had previously communicated via emails and phone calls. I also found out that the guy who sat next to me was a Christian, coz he said grace before he started on his first dish. Wow… not sure about the rest of them, but I do know that the company is blessed because of this one Christian !

Now that we have seen each others’ “faces”, I believe we would work even better with each other. Was told that my company might be organizing a trip to Malaysia to visit their factory too. Am looking forward to it already.

Right.. time to get back to my work now ! Ciao…

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM , Blogger Kabe said...

Haha,people married with kids liao lar... hahaha... I would think it's quite expensive esp since its a CNY kind of set meal. "Normal" days should definitely be cheaper. I will try to call and find out more about their charges. Let you know yar ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home