Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day everyone !

I like valentine’s day. It is a day specially dedicated to all couples, married or not, an opportunity for both sexes to express their love and affection to someone they secretly admire or simply to appreciate one another.

I like to see the guy waiting for the gal at the mrt station on this day with a huge bunch of flowers waiting to surprise the gal when she arrives… I love to see the smiles on the faces of couples walking on the street … I love to see how my colleagues’ faces lit up and blush when they receive something on this special day from someone who loves them… I love to feel the love in the air all around me.

Nonetheless, valentine’s day is fast becoming more and more commercialized. Everyday can be a valentine’s day. A simple surprise during the “normal” days of the year may be more effective than a big bunch of expensive flowers, or a expensive dinner given on just 1 day of the year. I suppose if you decide to celebrate valentine's day TOMORROW instead, the prices of the flowers and the dinners at restaurants will drop... and it could be a more affordable affair afterall. Talk about beating the rush, the squeeze and the queues at restaurants ! hee hee....

Everyone in my office is distributing candies and chocolates to each other to celebrate valentine's day today... guess what ? I didn't bring any ! So i shall just be the "receiver"... hahaha..it's certainly more like "friendship day" in my office. But its fun....

I like to think of everyday as valentine’s day.. cos I know I have a daddy in heaven who loves me every single day of my life.. He drops me surprises here and there.. and they are all good… the flowers He gives me does not wither... the love He showers upon me does not stop… slow down, take a walk with Him and let Him romance you… hold Him by the hand, cuddle up to Him and feel His gentle arms wrap around you, hugging you too…whisper into His ears your deepest secrets and He hears you...cry when you want to and He wipes away your tears… this is my daddy in heaven.

Oh, and don’t forget to smile too… everyday is a valentine’s day when you have Jesus in your heart. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home