Monday, February 21, 2005

HE made it possible..

“IT IS FINISHED” (JOHN 19:30)
“PEACE BE WITH YOU” (JOHN 20:19)
“DO YOU LOVE ME ?” (JOHN 21:15)
“FOLLOW ME” (JOHN 21:19)

When I first saw the above slide, I was like wondering what is pastor going to share about ? When he finally did, I was really impressed.

Pastor shared something that was so-so-so-true (at least to me!). He said in many other churches, when new converts receive Christ, we were told to FOLLOW JESUS, to LOVE JESUS with all our heart, soul and mind. Then we will have GOD’S PEACE, and then IT WILL BE FINISHED. That was exactly what I went through. That probably explained why when I first attended New Creation Church (NCC) a few years back, I felt so liberated and awed at God’s love and goodness for me that I kept on coming every Sunday, shuttling between my ex-church and NCC. I remembered I used to rush to attend the 4th service as my ex-church service will end at around 3.30pm. I could not attend any earlier services as most Sunday mornings I had to serve in my ex-church’s church school. Finally after many months of such shuttling, I made up my mind to come over to NCC. It was a tough decision coz I “grew-up” in that church and there in just the building itself, contains so many sweet memories, not to mention the friends I have there. Nonetheless, memories is nothing compared to the liberation I felt as I listened to more and more of Pastor’s sharing.

So I say….. those of you who are “born again” in New Creation Church (NCC) are simply so blessed !!!

Now I know, we should follow God’s divine sequence as laid out in the bible. We acknowledge that IT IS FINISHED, Jesus had done the job for us, He died for us, for all our sins, diseases and anything bad… when we know that, we have GOD’S PEACE in us and coz we have a RIGHTEOUS GOD, He cannot punish us again for what He had already punished His Son, Jesus, for. With that assurance, we can then LOVE GOD with all our heart, soul and mind, therefore FOLLOW JESUS.

Everything is made possible because of Him. Jesus paid a debt He did not owe, we owed a debt we could not pay. How true this is….. Thank you for this revelation, Daddy.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

me was born again in new cre... on 24 jan 1999. :)

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger coco said...

me's a new cre baby too, hee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home