Saturday, August 13, 2005

Get off your butts, do something !

I believe that almost everyone can do whatever they set out to do if they have confidence that they can. And I believe that confidence is both a choice and a gift. If you didn't receive the gift, then you can make the choice. And when you make the choice, you receive the gift.

We choose to be confident. We choose to believe in ourselves and in our goals. Don't let your dreams die from lack of confidence. Don't let others transfer their fears to you. You'll never learn everything you need to know until you start doing. At some point, you have to stop thinking, stop talking, stop weighing the arguments and counting the costs, and simply launch out.

I believe God made us to venture out rather than to stand on shore. He has given each of us the capacity to have confidence. But we have to nurture that confidence by taking action. By acting we learn all that we are capable of doing. People who try are typically surprised by what they can achieve. So, whatever your boat in life, get in and start sailing.

Read the above passage just now and it reminded me of some of my dreams. Dreams of driving a car and using it to fetch my parents, to go out with my friends, to send my friends home, to bring my family out for dinners etc. Dreams of playing the piano on my own with both hands, dreams of having a blessed family of my own, a husband who loves me, lovely children around me etc.

Dreams can only be realized if we take the first step out. Sitting here and literally thinking or dreaming about it is not going to make things happen. We need to get off our butts and do it !

What are your dreams ? And what are you doing about them ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home