Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My aunt left... (27 Jun 05)

Sent my aunt off at the airport yesterday… teary one. Nope, I held back my tears as I knew she didn’t want to see me cry. Actually this aunt is not blood-related with me nor my family, she is actually my aunt’s (this one is blood related) very good friend. Come to think of it, it is almost close to 20 years since we knew her. I still remember vividly one of those times when both my aunts brought my cousins and I to East Coast Park, rent bicycles and rode from end to end… have you ever done that before ? And yes, there were the many cans of 7-ups hanging on each of our bicycle handles too. I understand much later (when I was older) that actually they had some coupons to redeem those free drinks then. Such a long time ago… but I still remembered…

My aunt will be going to Australia to work and study. She wanted a change of environment and as she had some relatives there, she could stay with them for the moment till she finds a place of her own and settle down. Good for her. We gathered around her and said prayers for her before she went in. I knew she was trying very hard to blink back her tears… but my aunt’s strong manz… and if she’s scared, she sure didn’t show it.

Yes, there are lots of uncertainty coz you are going to a place where you are totally unfamiliar with. The pace of life, the culture, the place, the kind of people you will meet are going to be very different. But I trust that as Daddy God led my aunt to make this decision to leave Singapore, He had already gone before my aunt and prepared the place for her. His presence will always comfort, encourage and protect her with loads of His peace and grace. On our end, we just keep thanking God for what He had done and whatever good things that are going to happen to my aunt ! Praise Him.

Oh yah…. My dear aunt left with a “secret mission” (or so she says, hahaha)…she says she will find me a “rich, dying, old man”… No Daddy, no…. it should be “christian, rich, young suitable man”… hahahaaha….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home