Sunday, June 26, 2005

Family Gathering (25 June 05)

Had a family gathering yesterday for my dear 2 aunties. One had her birthday on 24 June, the other is leaving for Australia for work on following Monday (27 June). We had potluck. And as always, there were lots of food. We had otah, satay, glutinous rice, Japanese chicken curry, calamari, cabbage soup with quail eggs, mushrooms and fishballs, white rice, yong tau fu, rojak and fried fish fillet. That’s a lot of food really ! There were plenty left over. God really supplied exceedingly, abundantly, above all that what me the organizer expected ! Hahaha.. God is good.

We also had a special cake to celebrate my auntie’s birthday. Pure fun. Good times.

My cousins also brought along our three lovely nieces. One 2.5 years old (Chloe), one 9 months (Valerie) and one just 6 months (Emma). It was fun to put all 3 of them in the same room and play… though Emma was a little tired (thus cranky & grouchy) after a while. Valerie who is the biggest and heaviest out of the three, were the friendliest and loudest while Chloe was shy and reserved as usual, offering only a few smiles when coaxed. I sincerely hope they will grow up to be as close as me and all my cousins are. Though nowadays everyone is busy with their own lives and families, yet when we gather as such, we really do still feel the bond among us.

Looking forward to more of such gatherings. It’s simply great and I’m sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home