Saturday, June 25, 2005

Motorbike accident

Today is a Saturday (25 June), as usual, my dad went on his motorbike to Chinatown to meet his ex-colleagues and friends for morning yum-cha (ie. tea). Soon after he left, there was a heavy down-pour and I prayed for his safety.

On his way back though, at a traffic junction, he slipped and fell. He couldn’t get up as the whole motorbike was on his legs. Thank God for a fellow motorcyclist behind him who on seeing what happened, quickly got off, and helped my dad to lift up the motorbike, so he could get up.

My dad had some cuts & bruises on his knees and elbow. Thank God he was wearing long pants and had his jacket on. We hurried up to get him to bathe, clean up the wound, applied some lotion and put plasters on those wounds.

My dad decided to sell the motorbike. I agree. It’s dangerous to ride motorbike anyway.

I cried. I am ashamed of myself. Why didn’t I pass my driving the last time, why was I so careless ? If I had cleared, then we would have gotten a car and he could drive (yes, my dad have a class 3 licence).

There is now NO MORE CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ Jesus who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:1)

I am not going to condemn myself, neither is the devil going to get that at me. Everytime he comes against me with such negative thoughts, I will quote to him the above verse and that God’s thoughts towards me are always good, and His plans for me are never to harm me but to prosper me. Now I am more determined to clear my driving come the next test. Daddy will be there with me and all glory goes to Him ultimately.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM , Blogger coco said...

No condemnation Kasumi. Daddy's provisions are on the way. Keep the faith picture in your mind :)

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Kabe said...

yeah.. keep the faith picture in my mind.. cos we have a Daddy who loves us so so so so much ! Thanks sister ! :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home