Tuesday, June 14, 2005

BenGen Camp (06-10 June 2005)

Seems like almost all those people who had been to the recent BenGen camp had been writing about the camp, how they find the camp etc etc. Okie, me join in the fun too… hahaha…

Actually, I went to this camp with a few expectations :-
1) To soak in the Word of God
2) To serve God (video)
3) To make new friends
4) Last but not least, to get to know those friends whom I have already known better.

To put it simply, about 85% of my expectations were met.

I got to help out in the camera and though I was told to be “creative” in my shots (which I know I am not very good at YET), I really appreciate the advise, help, and “commands” given by the video director or the TA during the sessions. Thank you gals for being patient with me !

Incidentally, the experience and exposure I received from the camera training in the camp helped tremendously in the capacity of my own serving as cameraman back in the main church service. Really praise God for it.

I also made a couple of new friends in the camp too (though not from my own group as I didn’t join them for activities very much). Sometimes I feel its not the quantity, but the quality of it. To me, the friendships I made during the camp are a start, at least we recognize each other’s face, so the next time we meet up in church, we can greet each other and maybe go for makan session too. I think that’s good.

Of cos, I also got to know my own circle of friends better during this camp. Such as their personal habits, eating styles and attitude towards certain issues etc. Camps are good ways to know each other better in a non-threatening, relax manner. Thank God for my friends… they have some qualities that I do not have which I can learn from. Hallelujah.

The remaining 15% that was not fully met would be the soaking in the Word of God. Frankly speaking, my idea of a church camp is that of more Word based. At least 3-4 sessions on the Word of God. I don’t mind being “spiritually overloaded”, or suffer from “spiritual indigestion” cos I’m sure Daddy God will clear them up for me when He feels it’s the right time. Sad to say, there were only 2 sessions in the camp and a Q&A session on the 2nd last day. The 2 sessions were interesting and ministering, I learnt a lot from them, no doubt about that. I was looking for more Lord, more….. The Q&A session was great too. Some questions which you have never thought of were asked by others and the panel, made up of pastors and leaders were excellent in answering them (coupled with their fair share of humour and fun too). I’m sure all those who were there at the Q&A session enjoyed themselves.

There were some other stuffs which I learnt during this camp too, but they are kinda too sensitive to be shared over here. But simply speaking, I learnt to be more patient, to exercise more self-control and to take better care of myself. We have to love ourselves too, agree ? Hee hee..

Hmm… that’s about wrap up how I feel about this whole camp. Perhaps I have forgotten the theme of this camp, “Singled out”. Thus, my expectations weren’t that precise to fit into the theme. Nonetheless, I’m sure Daddy God had spoken to each of us in His different ways for this camp. He is just so amazing and awesome. Thank you Daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home