Friday, October 21, 2005

I have a choice

My weight-conscious colleague is starting on a high protein diet. It’s actually a meal replacement kind of powder form drink where you are supposedly going to be full after drinking it. It is said to have lots of minerals and vitamins. there are lots of flavours (quite smart right ?): Mocha, Banana, Toffee, Berry Blast, Chocolate & Mint etc. Now she is convincing me to start with her. Suggestion from the gym instructor is that we replace our dinners with this powder drink.

I think I’m gonna get “killed” (nagging can kill too u’know ?) by my parents if I start on this as I have most of my dinners at home after work. For my family, dinners are a time where we gather, eat as a family, share about the day’s activities and laugh together. That is precious time and I have absolutely no intention on giving that up. Of cos, i could also opt to have this powder drink to replace my lunch as well. But already i am having only vegetables salad for lunch now, still not less enough ? Besides, i'm enjoying the vegetables salad very very much. Thank you. I dun want to make myself “suffer” to shed those so-called “excess” weight that the instructor wanted me to. More force = more rejection. That’s me.

If my colleague’s gonna start on this high protein diet (that supposedly also helps to build muscles as well), then so be it, by all means, please proceed. As for me, I’m trusting God for my health and well-being. He is the ultimate giver of health, not those so-called meal replacements stuffs. My rationale is simple. Why suffer when you can get divine health (without pain or stress) from our Daddy God in heaven ? That’s what the people of the world will have to resort to, but not for me, a beloved child of God.

I’m continuing my salad for lunch today whether she likes it or not. My choice. And yes, i do have a choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home