Tuesday, April 05, 2005

His love & peace in the family

Recently went to a friend’s house for gathering. Her house was not exactly neat & tidy, nor was it spick and span. Nonetheless, as I stepped into the house, there was this intangible spirit of love, peace and welcome filling every corner of the house. I am not sure if any of my friends who were with me felt the same, but I knew I did.

My friend (she’s a Christian too) has 2 bubbly and cheerful kids and also a doting husband. In fact, it was the husband who cooked and prepared food for us. And it was delicious… yummy ! As I sat there slowly savouring & digesting my food, I was acutely aware of this spirit of love that was present in the house. You feel as though you are surrounded and wrapped from top to toe by this spirit of love. You feel free, you feel relaxed…. Something in my mind said, “you are just imagining lar, where got such thing ?” But that thought doesn’t blow away the actual experience of this whole matter.

While I was there in the house, as I see the way my friend and her husband handles or treat their kids, I come to believe that this spirit of love and peace in the house is really God-given. The head of the household (husband) and the wife, should be on the same faith (that matches with God’s teaching on being equally yoked yar ?) so they can fully “exercise” the grace of God in their home, their family. What I see is definitely the grace of God working in this family. It is not flaky or pretentious but real and sincere.

On my way home that night, as I sat in the taxi, this verse keeps coming to me, “You do not have because you do not ask” (James 4:2) I believed this is from the Holy Spirit as He was so gentle and spoke so softly within me. It was not a rebuke. It was more like a reminder. And so I asked God, did I not ask You ? Or perhaps I did ask, but with the wrong motives ? God, please enlighten and show me where I am lacking Lord.

Needless to say, God did show me. How ? What ? Hee hee.. too personal to share here yar ? Briefly, God showed me a few areas that I need to work on (with His grace definitely) and He also encouraged me a great deal from His words, from Pastor’s preaching and from the friends around me. I am blessed manz.

So now I boldly come to Him to pray and ask for a family (my own family to come and also my family now) filled with God’s love and His spirit of peace. Thank you Daddy. You are always always always so good.

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM , Blogger Bubbz said...

Amen! Ask and it shall be given, yah?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home